- Clashes near Syria airport kill 150
- PAUL: Who’s next on Obama’s drone hit list?
- Pelosi: Pay cut undermines ‘dignity’ of congressional employment
- EDITORIAL: Huddled masses in retirement
- Obama honors victims of Newtown with presidential medal
- YOUNG: Ignoring the dismal Obama economic reality
- Online sales tax proposal rears head in Congress — for third time
Rehydrate with beer, scientists state. The old-time football coaches knew what they were on about. A couple of beers after training or a game are just what you need. Its better than water, Gatorade or those other fancy drinks
Professor Manuel Garzon also claimed the carbonation in beer helps to quench the thirst and that its carbohydrate were on aboutcontent can help replace lost calories, The Telegraph reports.
The study involved a group of students who were asked to work out until their body temperature reached 104 degrees. Researchers then gave beer to half of the students and water to the other half.
Mr. Garzon announced the results at a press conference in Granada, saying the hydration effect in those who drank beer was “slightly better,” The Telegraph reports.
A cardiologist with the Real Madrid football team, Dr. Juan Antonio Corbalan, told the paper he long has recommended barley drinks to professional sportsmen after exhausting activities.
Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/feb/10/scientists-suggest-beer-after-workout/#ixzz2L6Le2wXx
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter