Valley Action to hold public meeting in Lower Hutt...
'VAN' – Valley Action Network, in conjunction with the Hutt South Green Party, is proud to host a public meeting in Petone, Lower Hutt, as part of the NZ Not For Sale Campaign (www.nznotforsale.org)
The meeting, featuring visiting speaker Murray Horton, is at 7.45pm on April 19, at the Petone Community House, 6 Britannia St. There are also meetings in other North Island centres this month (details at: http://www.nznotforsale.org/murray-horton-speaking-tour-april-2011-2).
Murray is the spokesperson for the Campaign Against Foreign Control of Aotearoa (CAFCA). He will be talking about:
* The Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement and the dangers it poses to the NZ economy and to our democracy.
* Privatisation of our public assets.
* The takeover of NZ businesses and land by transnational corporations.
* The re-absorption of NZ into the US Empire.
* And, most, importantly, how the New Zealand people can fight back; it’s too important to be left up to the politicians.
Come along! This issue affects us all.
NZ Not For Sale